Laois Sports Partnership is inviting applications from suitably qualified applicants for the following position:
Community Sports Development Officer (Fixed Term, 1 Year Contract)
Remuneration: Salary Scale€28,189 – €45,544
The aim of the Community Sports Development Officer is to strengthen and enhance the capacity of Laois Sports Partnership to further develop locally led plans and more long term sustainable physical activity programmes under the National Physical Activity Plan. The Community Sports Development Officer will foster and encourage a culture of Active Participation, supporting opportunities for and access to sport and physical activity in local communities and increasing opportunities for participation by those who experience disadvantage.
Funding for this position has been secured through Sport Ireland.
The successful candidate shall:
- Hold a relevant degree in sports development/health related studies
- Have experience of working in a sports development environment (minimum 1 year or more)
- Have experience of project management and of piloting, developing & delivering sustainable physical activity based initiatives.
- Have the ability to consult, communicate and network appropriately and effectively with all sectors of the community
- Possess excellent communications and organisational skills
Candidate must hold a full clean driving licence and have own transport.
Job description with full particulars may be downloaded from Laois Sports Partnership website: http://www.laoissports.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/CSDO-Job-Description-13.7.20.pdf or by calling (057) 8671248
Please submit your statement of suitability and CV by 3pm Monday 27st July 2020:
Caroline Myers, Manager, Laois Sports Partnership, Portlaoise Leisure Centre, Moneyballytyrrell, Portlaoise, Co. Laois. T: (057) 8671248, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 27th July @ 3pm.