Teenscene is a programme from Laois Sports Partnership aimed at 12-17 year old girls. This programme incorporates 1 hour sessions of indoor aerobic/exercise activities with chosen music.
Novelty will be added to the sessions by incorporating activities such as Boxercise, Yoga and other current trends. Laois Sports Partnership will provide the instructors. There may also be a teacher/leader in your organisation interested in being a tutor and we would be delighted to hear of any.
To avail of this opportunity your school/club should agree to the following;
- To provide a suitable venue for the activities and group size
- To recruit a group of approximately 20-30 females between 12-17 years of age (Smaller groups in rural areas will be accommodated, larger groups will accommodated to the level that the facility can safely cater for)
- To select participants based on their current levels of participation – prioritising those that have the lowest levels of activity
- Sessions will take place outside of normal school hours
- Schools have enjoyed activities such as aerobics, boxercise and zumba.