Laois Transformation is a FREE 6-week online programme designed and delivered by True Fitness in partnership with Laois Sports Partnership and funded by Sport Ireland. This programme includes a variety of exercise classes and ‘Minding Me’ workshops. It is suitable for adults (aged 18+) of all fitness abilities.
There are five types of exercise classes as part of the Laois Transformation programme, including:
- Age Well: these classes are specifically for people aged 60-80 years.
- Body Well: these classes are designed for adults of all ages and fitness abilities.
- Move Well: these are Pilates classes. For more information about Pilates click HERE.
- Sit Well: these classes are designed specifically for people who sit for long periods of time. They involve full body flexibility/stretching to improve range of motion, reduce the risk of injury, pain and stiffness & improve quality of life.
- Farm Well: these classes are designed specifically for farmers and their families. These classes aim to reduce aches and pains associated with farming by improving fitness, strength, balance, and flexibility.
*You can attend more than one type of exercise class if appropriate.
We recommend using a mat for the exercise classes but you do not need any equipment or much space to take part. All exercises will be performed at your own ability and all exercises will be modified to ensure that they take into consideration any injuries or clinical issues that you have. All training sessions will be delivered by trained professionals and you will receive take home resources as part of this programme.
‘Minding Me’ Workshops
True Fitness will deliver one live 30-minute ‘Minding Me’ workshop per week for 6 weeks. These workshops will provide you with (1) tips on how to successfully set New Years Resolutions for January and beyond, (2) simple, practical, evidence-based nutrition tips for meaningful health gains in 2022, (3) tips to avoid the negative impact of prolonged sitting on your body and health in your home and/or work environment, (4) shopping tips and food swaps for a healthy lifestyle, (5) understand the relationship between food and mood, and (6) information on how to keep your body young and healthy as you age.
We highly recommend that you attend these workshops as they are live and will not be recorded. The ‘Minding Me’ workshop timetable is available to download below.
When does it start?
Laois Transformation starts on Monday 10th January 2022. You can register for the programme at any time throughout the duration of the programme. The programme timetable is available to download below.
How to Register
Please complete this screening form by clicking HERE.
Please note that you will be contacted by Ruth or Kiera via email to confirm your registration once your screening form has been processed. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Ruth 083 374 8262.
Please share with anyone who may benefit from this programme.